Monday, January 18, 2010

Energy Orbs

I have attended several lectures here regarding energy, have worked with energy in my Reiki and IET practise, and have done my own studies on it. Gregg Braden has several youtubeposts which are worthy of viewing as well. I understood the concepts but the connectedness of everything still confused me. I felt I needed something more solid or visual to fully grasp it.

Late last year we had a Chinese acupuncturist speaking at one of the lectures and he was speaking primarily of Feng Shui, an ancient art of placement and energy flow. He asked a volunteer to stand up and talked about how we all hold our own energy field around us but that it can be pierced or weakened. He then stood behind the volunteer, and had him hold up his arm and pressed down on it while he asked him to resist. The arm stayed steady. Then he took a simple picture frame and pointed a corner of it into the volunteers energy field, basically at his back, with him being unaware. He then had him hold his arm out again and asked him to resist as he applied pressure to it. The volunteer was unable to hold his arm up as it was explained, his energy was weakened. It resonated with me. I considered all the things we feel comfort in; colours and smells, how a certain room appears inviting, how some people have a glow or aura about them, certain locations such as the ocean shore or a mountain, each of these holds a vibration of energy that resonates with us and makes us feel at peace or we draw strength from it.

What I still couldnt wrap my head around was something we do in Reiki, IET, Theta Healing and other modalities, which is called distance healing, how energy can be sent to another area by intention. Then I met Sita and her son Narayan Jyoti. I was doing my 2nd course here and Sita is a devotee of the ashram, and has 2 sons that come to work here sporatically. They also have done intense studies in energy. One evening we were sitting at the bay having dinner and Sita brought her computer to show us some orbs she photographed around the ashram. I was mesmerized. At first I asked her if it could be a dirty lens, or water and any other explanation I could come up with but she just smiled and shook her head. She explained that this is a high energy area, and that Swami Vishnu, who founded this ashram, had a vision that this was a healing center in the days of Atlantis. He sensed there was a crystalline core to the island that pointed directly up to the location of the temple here and hence built the temple in its current location. I do know that if you leave the ashram for even an hour to go to town, and then return, you can feel the energy change upon your return. It is just that kind of place.

I became intrigued with these orbs and decided to see for myself if I could photograph them. I had taken several photographs around here prior but they never showed up in any photos. Sita suggested that I was ready to see them now and she felt confident I would find them. In the interim, I have been getting some other energetic work done by her son (Narayan Jyoti) and many people had commented to me how I am starting to radiate. I sense that I am starting to feel energy more readily. The next evening, I went out with my camera and started taking random photos around the ashram, in areas I sensed were high energy and came up with these photos. I will mention that I took successive photos and the orbs that show up in one photo are gone in the next, or only a couple remaining. They move fast. When I went online to do some research with it, some proclaim them to be angels, spirits or light beings. I dont think that anyone truly knows but the sense I got was they are attracted to an energetic place, whether they are here to be refueled or with like energies. I am sure at this point many of you are shaking your head saying that I need more protein in my diet but I wouldnt have believed this so readily if I hadnt gone out and photographed them. The eye, apparently, can be trained to see them, and young children have the ability to see auras and orbs etc but our society and environment train us to ignore them. The eye is secular but a digital camera is able to capture it all, hence them showing up in photos.

2 comments:

  1. That is friggin cool Sherri!! There's been a few photos over the years that I have taken and seen what looks like orbs in the picture. I fully believe that they exist and I find your post fascinating! I can't wait to see your refreshed aura glowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that is amazing. I'm sure as you say that is a special place, but I will be looking at those spots in my photos differently from now on.
    Not sure why I came across your email again tonight for the link to your blog, but I can tell you that I feel differently after reading your post. Hard to explain, almost like I can feel that energy too.
    Blessings to you my dear friend..

    ReplyDelete